Does no one get that this quote is shaming women who are legit sad when they lose a partner? Why would you ever think it’s okay to tell someone their grief isn’t feminist enough or whatever?
I’m reading shoujo ai and the thing about shoujo ai is that even when it’s not distressing I am in distress
aaron and i recently watched The Wind Rises and we ended up mutually sobbing about their love for like two hours. i know it’s not shoujo ai but it is miyazaki so
- ask children before you hug them
- ask children before you pick them up
- if moving a child is unavoidable for their safety, at least warn them first and explain afterwards
- this applies to disabled children
- this applies to non- or pre-verbal children, since words are not the only kind of consent or language
- treat a child as you wish people had treated you
children are people. they will remember you violating their boundaries for their whole lives and it will irreparably damage how they view their worth as people.
don’t teach your kids that they should unquestioningly accept touch no matter what. teach them they deserve respect.
This reminds me. Teachers in preschools were more likely to touch little girls without explanation due to their clothing. It’s easier to, for example, check a dirty diaper, on a girl who is wearing a skirt or dress than on a boy or girl who is not. When you are dealing with children, even small children, you should consider more than your own sense of practicality. Handling some children differently than you handle others can affect their perception of themselves vs. their peers.